We do take care of you while doing the tattoo, however there are a few things that you can do before getting your tattoo to ensure it all goes well. Take a look at this quick list:
- Stay hydrated. Drink at least two to three litres of water a day. When you are hydrated, so is your skin. And helps you maintain skin that will be able to withstand longer sessions and also heal better.
- Eat before you come in or else you might feel dizzy or lightheaded.
- Shave & Exfoliate the area 1- 3 times weekly. If you are super hairy, this will make a huge difference as the lotion will be absorbed better. If you experience razor burn, stop shaving a week prior to your appointment. Exfoliation should be gentle with a loofah or basic body scrub.
- Moisturize the area that will be tattooed at least once or twice a day. Again, the healthier your skin, the better the results.
- Do not drink alcohol or do drugs at least two days prior to getting tattooed.
- Make sure you have no tanning, fake tanning, chemical peels, sunburns, major cuts or scrapes, in the area to be tattooed within a month prior to your session. We can’t work on freshly damaged skin as it won’t heal properly.
- Ensure you don’t do any extreme weight lifting in or near the area to be tattooed at least 2 days prior to your session to prevent unnecessary swelling & soreness.
- For safety reasons, please do not bring small children or babies at the studio.
- TAT2ME does not tolerate any alcohol, drug or intoxicants in the studio. We reserve the right to refuse services if you are suspected to be under the influence of anything. This might sound harsh but your safety is more important to us than anything else.
- Try to get a good night’s sleep before your tattoo day.
- Please do not use any numbing products on the area.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately, wear comfortable loose clothes that will easily allow access to the area to be tattooed.
- We do have great music playing at our studios, but if you like, feel free to carry your own music and headphones.
- Please do not bring the entire family or crew unless they are also getting tattooed. Trust us, they get bored! One person is okay but they will need to wait in the designated areas and can check on you as and when,
- Be prepared for it to be cold & warm. Also bring socks or flip flops to prevent walking around the studio barefoot during breaks if you will be taking your shoes off during your session.
- Before getting started with the tattoo, please inform TAT2ME of any allergies or special medical conditions that you may have.
- Feel free to bring in your own pillow. Comfort rules!
- Our artist will guide you with detailed after care. All you have to do its follow it to a t.
- Please do not schedule something immediately after your tattoo session. Give it a rest.
- If you have any other questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask.
(Please follow these guidelines if you want to keep your tattoo in the original condition)
- Remove the dressing after 2 hours and throw it into the bin, wash your tattoo four to five times a day with an antibacterial soap, continue to do so for 3 days without re-bandaging your tattoo(remember a tattoo is an open wound if it is not kept clean it can be vulnerable to infection).
- Apply a thin coat of given cream over your tattoo then pat it dry with a paper towel (remember too much cream will damage your tattoo).Swelling on the tattooed area is very normal (it subsides in few days),continue the above process for 3 days.
- If you are exposing your tattoo to sunlight after 3 weeks, we strongly recommend using sunblock (SPF 50 or 60).
- After 3 days wash your tattoo only once or twice.
- Avoid getting direct sunlight on your tattoo for three weeks.
- Wear loose clothes for 10 – 12 days.Your tattoo shouldn’t stick to the fabric. Avoid sleeping on the area where you got tattooed. Do not work-out or swim for two weeks.
- After few days you may see a light crust scab forming on your tattoo, make sure you do not pick or scratch on them, let them peel off automatically, picking on scabs may cause discoloration and permanent damage to the skin.
- Once the scab falls off it follows by a white flaky coat, at this point the tattoo looks pale and dull, start using a moisturizer 4 – 5 times a day as much as its needed, moisturize whenever it feels dry.
- Remember your tattoo is like a open wound so please do not let anybody touch it, till it gets healed.
- Without proper care and precaution you will end up having a crisp tattoo.
- Do not wax or shave the area on which you have the tattoo till it is completely healed.
- You should also know that once you leave the studio taking care of the tattoo is entirely upto you.
- Please don’t listen to others advice, If you have any queries please get in touch with us, we will be more than happy to help.